|Dog Judge: the canine judge
A single dog judge is essential to organizing a show. In fact, the dog judge is a a vital actor in the organization of dog shows in a club, since it's him/her that gives the grades. The role and the assignment of a dog judge is to judge the beauty as well as the quality of a dog according to its breed. They select who is to be the champion of the dog show and to do this, they have to have a professional eye.
To have this title, a dog judge has to fill certain conditions. Firstly, the dog judge has to be a professional breeder of the selected breed. Secondly, the dog judge has to have this professional experience for at least two years. Thirdly, the dog judge has have completed a two year course with a dog trainer.
The dog judge can give five types of qualifications or grades during a show in a club:
- The "excellence" grade is given to a dog who fully complies with the ideal standard of the breed. The dog has to be in perfect condition. At first appearance, the dog must have a shiny look and a high quality, which would work in its favor despite several imperfections.
- The "very good" grade is given to the dog of a high quality as well, being well-proportioned and of a good lineage.
- the "good" grade is given to dog showing the main characteristice of the breed with a few visible faults.
- the "adequate" grade is given to the dog who doesn't necessarily show a high quality.
- the "disqualified" grade is given directly to any dog not respecting the standards of the breed.
|Do you have a website on dog judges? Click here to start a partnerships with us and have it featured on this page.|